Monday, April 9, 2012

Los Angeles: A date with my man


I'm sitting at Peet's Coffee listening to Fleet Foxes and sipping down a perfectly crafted latte in a warm mug... pretending not to know who my husband is while he meets with two clients at the table right next to mine. This morning we dropped Marley off at my moms house so she could go to the beach and we drove to Los Angeles so we could spend the day together. We cruised around Sunset Blv. and browsed through records at Amoeba Music, drove around Beverly Hills, stopped off for coffee and a little shopping on Robertson St. and then headed to Santa Monica for some more shopping (mostly window shopping because I'm a penny pincher). You know,  its an amazing feeling to drive through these million dollar homes, pass cars on the road that cost more than a good size home, shuffle through clothes with prize tags that amount to more than all of the clothes in my closet combined and not find an ounce of envy or desire for any of these things. I look over at the amazing man next to me and I think about the hugs and kisses from my little girl that await me when I get home... and to me, that is more than enough. I am far richer than I ever dreamed I would be.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...