Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

To be honest, before I met my husband I was terrified of marriage. The idea of spending forever with one person was scary when I could hardly spend a full week with any of my best friends without wanting a break. Then I met Bryan. I've never in my life met someone who I literally could not stand to be without. Within our very first few weeks of meeting I knew that I could not spend a second more of my life without this man. In these three years of marriage to my husband I have had more fun and been so much more fulfilled than all of the years of my life combined. 
The other day I heard Marley jumping up and down and squealing for joy downstairs, when I went to ask what all the commotion was about my husband said "We're going to go take the trash out!!".  They proceeded to run outside, Marley got on top of the trash cans and they wheeled them around the driveway and down to the curb for the trash man to pick up. This is basically my husband in a nutshell. He can make even the most mundane everyday tasks into the most exciting thing. Bryan and I are probably more lovey dovey, romantic, ooey gooey and sappy for most people's taste. This is why Valentines Day and any other holiday can come and go without us really actually thinking twice about it. Every single day is an ooey gooey, gift giving, love professing day for us. This Valentines Day we did what is natural to us and had a fun day at home. 
Monday nights Bryan teaches Communication at Cal Baptist University so Marley and I decorated the whole house with all kinds of Love themed items, painted and made crafts to surprise daddy with. Valentines Day morning Bryan woke me up with heart shaped pancakes and while I headed out to get my hair done, Marley and Bryan went to Joannes to pick up craft stuff and made home made Valentines. My mom, grandma and Marley's cousin Mya came over for a bit to hang out and exchange gifts and then we spent the rest of the day with crafts, cookies, rice krispies, cupcakes, delicious food and movies.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...