Tuesday, February 15, 2011

diy toadstools


Ahhh these are soo cute!! im going to make marley some (not for her room because they wouldnt match in the slightest)... for her next birthday party?? Or maybe ill have to have another kid so that i could do a woodland,  gnome and toadstool nursery theme... ok yes... i love these enough to birth another child for. best part?? I can make them myself!




IMG_6460 
  • Wood Stool 
  • 1/4-1/2 Yard Yard Red Wool Felt (depending on size of your stool)
  • 1/8 Yard White Wool Felt
  • Brown Craft Paint and Brush
  • Staple Gun 
  • Wool or Poly Batting


  Untitled-1
Flip the stool over and measure the fabric. my stool is 10" in diameter so my fabric is 22' in diameter.I added 12" but you can also add more to be safe and trim away the extra.
Next, Cut out the white circles
IMG_6809    IMG_6822 
Sew them onto the red round. I used a blanket stitch on my machine. 
This can also be hand sewn for a more handmade look.
IMG_6820 
  Now it is time to assemble! Flip the stool over and with the red round evenly placed, tuck in one side and staple the fabric close to the legs.  

IMG_6827 
Flip the stool back over and begin to stuff the mushroom with the batting. 
Next, I stapled the fabric directly across from where I did my first set of staples as to keep the round evenly distributed on the stool.
Continue stapling and stuffing making nice pleats as you go. 
IMG_6828 
When you have done this all of the way around the mushroom it is time to paint the legs.

  22 
 Now it is time to make some tea and you are ready for your party!

IMG_6412  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...