Need a costume in a flash? Here are a few quick ideas...
Its hard to do the correct technique of fingerwaves... Ive only mastered them from months at cosmetology school and even then couldnt do it on myself... so heres a little faux 20's fingerwave bob that comes close, and makeup to go with it!!
here is a video on a modern hippie hairstyle. Or just part your hair in the middle, create a few messy loose waves, and add a headband!
Here's a few wardrobe tips.
1. Do have a flower. I know the song says "in your hair" but the truth is that it's hard to get the things to stay put.
2. No flower? Go for the Pocahontas headband.
3. Hair is long and "unkempt looking." (My mother's words) But it is clean. Yes, we washed our hair. Hey, deep down we were Baby Boomers from suburbia.
4. Women could wear a mini or even micro skirt provided she had decent legs. A chain belt was groovy. Boots or go-go boots were okay too.
5. Men - Jeans, the grungier the better. Leather vests were big too.
6. Fringe - for all. Vest, jackets, pants, shirts. Anything could be fringed.
7. Peace symbol. Every last one of us had at least one peace symbol.
Pin up Girl:
Here is some help with your pin up makeup and hairstyle. The pinup look is all about the height so wear high heels, thigh-high stockings and way-up-there garter, plus a form-fitting dress leopard, polka dot, red etc. While Goodwill and the Salvation Army are sure bets for second-hand dresses. As far as makeup goes, go for bright red lipstick, red nails, false eyelashes and dramatic cat eyes using black liquid eyeliner along your upper lid. For a sultry touch, add a beauty mark near your lips with a black eye pencil.
get your inspiration from your favorite movie or tv show... lady gaga, or a glee character... have fun!